Monday, August 24, 2009

DOWNSIDE TO MASSAGE THERAPY EDUCATION

GREETINGS:

THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT A BLOG. I APOLOGIZE FOR ALL CAPS. I CAN SEE THEM BETTER AND I DON'T HAVE TO USE THE SHIFT KEY.
WE HAVE THE OLDEST SCHOOL IN THE USA THAT SOLELY TEACHES MASSAGE THERAPY TRAINING. WE HAVE THOUSANDS OF SUCCESSFUL GRADS. THIS IS OUR 37TH YEAR.
I HAVE 30 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE PROFESSION AND CAN SEPARATE TRUTH FROM FICTION.

I WANTED TO START THIS BLOG FOR PEOPLE INTERESTED IN MASSAGE THERAPY TRAINING AND FOR ALL ASPECTS OF MASSAGE; THAT IS ANY QUESTIONS OR INPUT ABOUT MASSAGE.

1. THE PITFALLS IN MASSAGE SCHOOL TRAINING.
2. WHAT REAL BENEFITS MASSAGE THERAPY CAN HAVE TO CLIENTS.
3. THE HORROR OF THE STATE BOARDS OF MASSAGE AND HOW TO DEAL WITH THEM.
4. THE TRUTH ABOUT THE MONEY THERAPISTS CAN MAKE. (YOU MAY BE VERY SURPRISED ITS MORE THAN PUBLISHED).
5. WHO IS A CANDIDATE TO BE A MASSAGE THERAPIST.
6. HOW TO PICK A SCHOOL. ( THIS IS VERY TRICKY. MOST SCHOOLS JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THEIR EDUCATION)

LET'S TALK


JERRY WEXLER, LMT/DIR

2 comments:

  1. FLORIDA LICENSE BULL
    I was wanting another opinion seems you know how all this works. I applied for my license back the 2nd wk in september last year. I did not receive them until March the 10th of this year. Then I get a renewal card in the mail to renew them this August 31. I dont see how that is fair and I was also told that all of my ceu's had to be done in order for me to be able to renew my license. $155 for 5 months does not seem right.Beforehand, haven paid over $250 for the license. Btw,when I did finally receive my license I was never told that I would have to have all the ceu requirements met by August... I guess I was just supposed to know this????
    I am so upset, ever since I applied back last september the lady that was given my app just had me on the back burner the whole time. I would call and leave messages and she would never return my calls.... I've got emails saved from conversations she has had with me where she finally responded but that was only after I kinda threatened but only in a manner where I could not be accussed of such.
    Anyway, my question is, is this right? Can they treat individuals this way? I havent even been able to find a job here yet and Ive been to several places since March. Wasnt any need to look before getting my license because well, I couldnt have worked anyway. Didnt have the money to pay for them to make me inactive so now what happens??
    Can I fight this or is it just allowed for someone to be so controlling and ridiculous in this matter, to be able to make something so simple so emotionally draining and ridiculous for an individual. I realize that anything done under government working hands always for the most part, has outcomes that involve no common sense but geez give me a break,if I was not a little wealthy from jobs in the past I would be homeless and living on the street right now because of what fat lazy government workers are able to hold over our heads and decide for us... Damn the world Damn the Government. Waiting for the day when all people develop common sense!!!Costa Rica I think may be calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I know my post wasnt about schools but it all goes together.... :) Thanks Jer!!

    ReplyDelete